5G 和数据中心：ECOC 的信号完整性趋势
29 October 2018 / by Semtech Corporate Marketing
第 44 届欧洲光通信会议 (ECOC) 展览会近日在意大利罗马落下帷幕。在会议上，Semtech 展示了多款用于关键超大规模数据中心和 5G 无线市场的产品。凭借其丰富的光学解决方案组合，Semtech 展示的技术包括了用于低成本 25G SFP28 模块的 ClearEdge® CDR 平台，这将成为 5G 基础设施建设的重要组成部分。此外，Semtech 还展示了其新的 Tri-Edge CDR 和 FiberEdge™ 线性物理媒介相关 (PMD) 器件系列，这些产品将助力推动当前的云数据中心建设。
Enabling 5G & Hyper-Scale Data Centers
China is poised to start the largest wireless infrastructure project in history with the build out of its 5G network. A key component of this effort are the 25G eCRPI front haul links that will be used to connect millions of remote radio heads (RRUs). The GN2146 ClearEdge CDR for eCPRI announced at ECOC 2018 is just one of the mission critical technologies that Semtech has developed to enable 5G. The bi-directional ClearEdge CDR, GN2146, includes an integrated EML/MZM driver and leverages Semtech’s industry leading technology to enable <1.5W max power for SFP28 ER modules with differentiated features like Adaptive CTLE and integrated Bias-T network.
Hyper-scale data centers are at the beginning of a significant technology inflection point with the move from switches with NRZ-based IO to new devices with PAM4 IO. These new switches also double radix size from 6.4T to 12.8T with additional ports putting ever greater pressure on providers to manage power and cost per port.
GN2558 和 GN2559 Tri-Edge CDR 满足这两个要求。这些器件具有低功耗模拟接收器，其功耗相比传统 DSP 解决方案来说可谓微不足道。此外，这些器件包括 PHY 和 PMD 组件，因此比单个组件节省大量成本。GN2559 集成了 Semtech 的四通道 Tri-Edge PAM4 CDR 与 Semtech 市场领先的线性 TIA 技术，GN2558 则将高性能的线性驱动器与四通道 PAM4 CDR 集成。
New Products from Semtech
During the conference, Semtech also announced initial production of two devices: its quad ClearEdge CDR with an integrated vertical-cavity surface-emitting laser (VCSEL) laser driver (GN2108S), and its quad ClearEdge CDR with an integrated TIA (GN2109S). The integrated circuits (ICs) offer a very small die size of 3.02 mm by 2.04 mm with 1.36W of combined typical power to enable <2W optical modules.
Semtech is one of the leading global IC suppliers with over a billion Optical ICs shipped worldwide.
Learn more about each of Semtech’s Optical platforms below:
- The ultra-low power, high-performing ClearEdge CDR is engineered for data centers and enterprise network infrastructures. Semtech’s multi-lane signal conditioners are based on the reference-free ClearEdge platform and can be integrated with drivers and TIAs, therefore offering the lowest power, smallest footprint solutions for QSFP28, CFPx, XFP, retimed SFP+, and other 25G and 100G modules and AOCs.
- Semtech 的最新产品平台基于 Tri-Edge 模拟 PAM4 CDR。Tri-Edge 平台具有出色的 PAM4 信号完整性性能，能够单片集成线性驱动器和 TIA，以提供 200G 和 400G 解决方案，与基于 DSP 的解决方案相比，功耗和成本明显降低。Tri-Edge 产品针对超大规模数据中心不断增长的带宽需求提供 SR 和 LR 解决方案，帮助降低功率和成本。
- Semtech’s laser driver and transceiver IC platforms include superior laser drivers and receivers integrated for low cost, high performance optical communications systems for data centers, access and PON and wireless infrastructure. This platform utilizes both Silicon Germanium (SiGe) BiCMOS and pure CMOS designs based on performance and cost requirements. Semtech’s laser driver and transceiver solutions range from 125 Mbps to 100 Gbps and beyond, and enable NRZ, Burst Mode and PAM4 signaling.
- Elite receiver optical sub-assemblies (ROSAs) are engineered based on patented Semtech Rchip technology. The complete line of PIN and APD ROSA products spans 1310 nm to 1550 nm including limiting, linear and automatic gain control (AGC) functionality. Semtech PIN ROSAs operate at +3.3V±10% and from -40°C to 85°C, with highly accurate RSSI functionality and industry best dynamic range.
- Semtech’s extended selection of limiting post amplifiers is completely integrated with SiGe BiCMOS and pure CMOS. These limiting amplifiers are designed for fiber optic transceiver applications and fast Ethernet fiber optic applications.
- Semtech offers a broad portfolio of fully integrated BiCMOS and pure CMOS TIAs providing wideband, low noise pre-amplification of a current signal from a PIN or APD photodetectors. Semtech’s TIAs offer best-in-class performance in limiting, linear or automatic gain control versions for use in high-performance optical receivers operating from 155 Mbps to 100 Gbps.
Download the Optical Selector Guide to learn more about Semtech’s innovative optical communication technologies.
Semtech、Semtech 徽标和 ClearEdge 是 Semtech Corporation 或其附属公司的注册商标或服务标志，Tri-Edge 和 FiberEdge 是 Semtech Corporation 或其附属公司的商标或服务标志。