Semtech 创造创新和颠覆性技术，旨在打造一个更智能、更互联和可持续发展的地球。具体而言，利用 Semtech 的 LoRa® 器件和 LoRaWAN® 标准的创新物联网 (IoT) 应用支持广泛的解决方案，以提高效率、减少浪费并解决全球社区面临的挑战。这些运营和应用与联合国的可持续发展目标 (SDG) 非常契合，包括气候行动、清洁水和卫生、平价清洁能源、行业创新与基础设施、可持续发展的城市与社区以及负责任的消费与生产。作为环境、社会和治理 (ESG) 官，我的职责是将可持续发展目标整合到整个公司，让行业以及我们的全球员工、客户和供应商深入了解我们的产品和技术在创造更智能、更可持续星球方面所做的重要贡献。
作为社会和环境倡议的助推器，物联网最大的机遇之一是提高效率并更好地管理宝贵的自然资源。根据世界经济论坛的报告“实现可持续发展的物联网指南”，84% 的物联网部署正在实现或有可能实现联合国定义的可持续发展目标 (SDG)。
Here are just a few examples of IoT for Good:
- Water Conservation: According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, household leaks waste approximately nearly 900 billion gallons of water Through integrating Semtech’s LoRa devices into water management systems, smart homes and buildings have the ability to monitor their water usage, detect leaks and decrease water wastage.
- Sustainable Farming: By leveraging LoRa, farmers and ranchers can measure environmental conditions that influence crop production, track the health of livestock and enable efficiencies that can reduce environmental impact, while maximizing yield and minimizing expenses.
- Supply Chain Tracking: LoRa is transforming asset tracking and management for transportation, logistics, food services and healthcare companies by preventing loss and damage of valuable goods.
- F洪水监测：集成 LoRa 的传感器用于自主监测因气候变化影响而上升的海平面。这些传感器在洪灾高发的沿海地区非常有用。
The data collected and transmitted from these types of IoT solutions come from a diverse range of sensors or trackers. Commonly used sensors include temperature, pressure, proximity and accelerometers that are able to measure attributes and transform that data into an electric signal. Most of these sensors are low throughput and only require low bandwidth.
The low power wide area network (LPWAN) connectivity is achieved by secure gateways that provide coverage throughout a building or to a large geographic area. This type of network makes it possible to have hundreds of thousands of sensors/devices collecting and sending data at a lower cost, over a longer range and with significantly extended battery life than any other connectivity option. LoRa provides the ubiquitous IoT network for low power “things.”
Advancing Our Commitment to Corporate Citizenship
The impact of ESG principals are key factors in Semtech’s decision-making process and inform the operations of our business as we continue to develop products and enable solutions that improve the life and well-being of our communities and help preserve our natural resources.
We are also expanding our ESG commitment to drive global change in some new ways:
- ESG Officer: We recently announced my appointment as Semtech’s first chief ESG officer to lead the company’s strategic goals and key sustainability initiatives.
- 1 Billion Sensors: We are in the process of establishing a program with the goal of deploying 1 billion LoRa-enabled sensors by 2026 for applications that combat climate change in our efforts to lead the IoT ecosystem for a more sustainable planet.
- Environmental Policy: Each week, we typically highlight in releases, blogs and other social media our various environmentally sustainable products, including use cases demonstrating how our technology is used in these products to help reduce environmental impact and conserve resources.
At Semtech, we understand the significance of corporate stewardship. We take great pride in our responsibility as global citizens by producing sustainable green technology and establishing objectives that contribute to reducing carbon, water preservation, energy conservation, air quality monitoring, species protection, and more.
For more information regarding Semtech’s LoRa devices and applications used for reducing environmental impact, download our Smart Planet e-book.
Semtech、Semtech 徽标和 LoRa 是 Semtech Corporation 或其附属公司的注册商标或服务商标。